Friday, April 5, 2013

Dear Zane...

April 4, 2013
22 months  12 days old

To my dearest Zane,

I wish I had started this a long time ago, when you were first born, or even when I got pregnant with you. I have a lot of time to make up for in this first "love letter" to you! I hope one day you can look back on these and cherish them always!

You should know, you are the absolute light of my life! Everyday you fill my heart with complete joy and love!! You have this special way of always making me feel so happy. There is not a day that goes by that you don't make me laugh until my stomach hurts! You are so silly and are so happy! You dance around and it's so cute! Sometimes you and Daddy have "dance-off's" where y'all just dance around together. I love it! Lately, you've been making funny faces. You love doing it when you know you're doing something you shouldn't. You just want to make me smile or laugh, it usually works!

Zane, you amaze me at how smart you are. You should see yourself in action, really! Yesterday, you went to get a tissue and pick up a bug off the floor, then threw it in the trash. I was taken aback, because Daddy and I were not sure where you learned to do this? But you knew!! A few weeks ago you started calling me "Mom-mom." Every time you say it, it's music to my ears!! You say it a lot, especially when you want me to fix something or help you with something. Now it's turned into "Momma." People tell me it's going to get old, but I can't get enough of hearing it! Also, here lately, you've become quite the tattle-tell. It's funny! If the dogs knock you down or steal food from your little hands, you come to get me and show me exactly where they knocked you down and point to the dogs, in your own words you get on to them for doing that to you!

You just experienced your 1st Easter egg hunt last Sunday. You were incredibly cute! You knew exactly what to do and as I held your basket, you'd drop eggs in one by one. Afterwards, of course, you'd want to eat all the candy inside! You ask "eease" for "please." Then you'd say "thanks!" You are such a sweet, polite little boy!! Decorating the eggs was fun too! You loved dropping them in the dye and then a minute later you'd stick your whole hand in to get them out. By time we got done, you had some messy hands! You've discovered you love stickers, especially Sesame Street stickers. You'll put them all over your body, the kitchen table or just on the doors. You love to name off each of your favorite characters. But, usually any kind of stickers will do for you. Coloring is one of your favorite pastimes too. You're good at coloring in the books, but occasionally I catch you coloring the floor or walls or furniture. But they are washable, so it's not that big of a deal. I think you are confused between crayons and chalk. It's ok, you'll catch on soon, you always do!!

Morning time is one of our special times together. When you wake up, it takes you a little bit to get going. You need to lay on me and cuddle until you are awake enough to feel like playing. It's the sweetest thing! I think I love it more than you do!

I can't wait to write more letters to you about our life together and all you do growing up! I love you more than any words could ever express!!

Love you ALWAYS,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments!