Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Utensil Holder Revamp!

I have never been happy with the utensil holders I have had, and I really couldn't ever find something I loved. Once in Hobby Lobby I stumbled upon this urn/planter thing and it was OK! I can't say that I loved it though!
See? Just eh, ok!
I had this sitting on the counter for about a year or so. Then through my blogging and Pinterest world I stumbled upon this super cute idea and I LOVE it!! I never would have thought of it on my own!


After a month or so of searching for one of these silver ice buckets on Etsy, I finally found one that was perfect and the perfect price! All the ones I found were $65 or more!! I found this gem for $28!! That's doable!
It arrived in the mail yesterday. It was super tarnished and I wanted to polish it up just a bit. I still liked a vintage-y lightly tarnished look, so I didn't get too crazy with the polishing, even though it did take some elbow grease!
Before the polishing
I got the polishing cream at Walmart and got to work!


It took me about an hour and an unveiling of an engraving, I don't even know what it says.

Nailed it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Super cute look good as new.

    -Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I may have to borrow this idea!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it! Its so...whats the word...luxurious maybe? I love when every day things are beautiful :)
    Found you thru the Me + and the Moon link up!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog via me + the moon blog hop & I just love it!

    <3 Shelby @ www.itsalwayssonny.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments!