Monday, March 11, 2013

Zane's Time-Out Chair

We are in the "terrible-two's" folks! This momma needed a time-out chair, but not just any time-out chair! I wanted something unique and really cute!

I had been searching for the perfect chair for a while and finally came across the right size chair, and not too girly looking, (no carved hearts or swirly detail). I knew I'd have to revamp it if I wanted it just right. I just did not know what kind of look I wanted.  I knew I love orange for boys and teal and navy and grey, but which direction should I go in was the main question. Since this chair had a cushion, I knew I needed to start with finding the perfect fabric. I went to this fun, quirky fabric shop in Dallas, I swear I looked at fabric for a good while, and Zane made friends with one of the employees in the meantime. I kept looking for the fabric I fell in love with and could envision an adorable look for the chair. Then I saw it! As soon as I settled on the fabric, in the store my vision came to me!! Orange and teal paint, but alternate the colors on the different legs or back of the chair, brilliant!!

The fabric on the top left, of course!
The original cushion was a mess! It was lumpy and honestly, not that cushy! I bought some foam and batting to make a proper cushion. I could not wait to get started! Off to Lowes I went for the perfect paint colors. I had The Hubby remove the cushion and pry off the existing fabric, also give it a good sanding. As he did that, I focused on making a nice cushion, after all, his bobo should be comfy while in time-out right?
This was the cushion--pillow stuffing!
Under the "cushion"
I cut out the foam in the shape of the seat

Time to wrap the seat and foam with the batting
Stapler needed!
Done with that, now for the fabric!
I cut out the fabric and got to covering. The cut-outs in the seat did make things a little tricky, but in the end, it turned out great!!
TADA!!!
Then I had to paint the chair. It took a few coats, but it was no problem! After it dried I got my white paint pin to write the perfect saying for this chair...

I love it!!



2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute chair! If I were him, I think I'd get in trouble on purpose to sit in it! :) You did such a good job and I love, love, LOVE the mustache fabric! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! LOVE this! Turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting comments!