Friday, March 11, 2011

Nursery Project

One more nursery project down! 
I finally ordered Zane's mobile for his nursery.  It goes with his bedding and I just love the colors, what I didn't love was the danglies that came on the mobile:


Be my guest as to what those are supposed to be??  I did not think they looked "baby" nor could I decipher what in the world these things were, so I wanted to add my own touch of course!

I got to shopping on, that's right you guessed it, Etsy!  Since I am incorporating owls into his nursery I had the perfect thing in mind!  I found a wonderful page called Purty Bird, they didn't have the exact colors I wanted so I contacted the seller and asked for a custom order. In no time at all she had created just what I wanted.


It's hard to see here, but the stitching is that light green as is in the bedding.

So all I had to do now is get that mobile ordered and get to work!  I bought some loops at Hobby Lobby to thread through the plush danglies and attach to the mobile.


Then I was going to remove those random danglies and use the already sewn on ribbon and loop it through those hoops!  I originally bought some permanent fabric glue to adhere the ribbon to itself.  However, that didn't work so my hubby came to the rescue and got out a needle and thread (I don't sew) and sewed the ribbon together!  What a guy!!

I have to say it looks pretty cute!!!!  I am very pleased with how it looks! 





I hope Zane likes it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments!