Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recipe Rendezvous! **A Link Party!**

So this is my very first link party!! We will see how it goes and if it's popular I will keep it going. I'm sure it's going to take some time to get going. This is a recipe link party so please link up as many recipes as you wish!!  I do hope you will link back to my page and I'd so appreciate a follow!

The first recipe I'd lik to share with you all is Chicken-n-Dumplins.  My mom always made this and it's the yummiest I've ever had!

What you'll need:

1 whole chicken (bone-in is best)
1 onion
4-5 stalks of celery
4-5 carrots
2 cans of buttermilk buscuits
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Basil
1 Bay leaf

First, you start with a whole chicken and boil it in a large pot, this will make your broth.  Once it is cooked thoroughly take it out and place in a large bowl to de-bone once it has cooled off a bit.

Next, chop the onion, celery stalks, and carrots and put in the pot to boil until they are soft.  If your chicken is cool enough, pull apart and add to the pot. Then add your seasonings, add salt and pepper to taste.  When I made it I did not add the bay leaf or thyme and it was still very yummy!

Lastly, you'll cut the uncooked buscuits in quarters and add to the pot while stove is still on med-high heat.


Once the dumplings stop floating on the surface that means they are done and you can serve and enjoy!!!




Now here's your chance to share your yummy recipes!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments!