Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Glazed Lemon Burst Cookies...YUM!

Just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I am going to share with you a yummy recipe that I tried out last week. Zane and I were going to our 2nd Annual baby cookie exchange party, it's fun to get together with the mom's and see the babies play. I had every intention of making these cookies the night before, since the party was an hour away from where we live. But, then my hairstylist was able to get me in that night and I jumped on that! I was there for a while so by time I got home it was late and I was tired and ready to go to bed! I woke up extra early so I could attempt to be on-time to this event for once, ha! I mixed and baked the cookies while I got ready and got Zane up and fed him breakfast. Some where in the middle of all this Zane was "helping" me get ready by going though all my hair stuff and make-up and tearing up toilet paper. I had gone to finish up the cookies and when I went to go put on my mascara, my eyelash curler had disappeared! I knew who the culprit of this disappearance was, my 18 month old, of course (oh my, he is so silly)! Let me tell you, I turned this house up-side-down!!!!! I searched his favorite hiding spots atleast 3 times each, looking in the magazine rack, shoes we had left out, the trash cans, the toilet, etc. This went on for about 45 minutes and I started breaking out in a sweat so I decided to give up and on my way I'd stop and buy a cheapy eyelash curler because I knew it'd turn up later, plus I had to stop at Target anyway! I got us all loaded up and headed to Target, found a cheap eyelash curler that looked nice enough to get the job done. When I got back in the car, I attempted to finish my face. Word to the wise-don't buy a cheapy eyelash curler, they hurt like crazy. It's like they aren't curved enough and poke you. I was just about to give up, and probably should have until I remembered my SIL's instagram pic from that morning. She had woken up late and put her makeup on at work, and luckily for me, her office was on my way! (So sue me, I wanted to look pretty!) I stopped by, borrowed the curler and gave her a cookie in "thanks"! She approved of the cookies, which was a relief since I had never tried these out before! But let me tell you, folks, these melt in your mouth!!!! Now, you all have waited long enough for what y'all came to read-the recipe! Here ya go:

Iced Lemon Cookies:

What you'll need for the cookies-

-1 box of Lemon cake mix
-2 eggs
-1/3 cup of vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Next, mix together all ingredients



Next, grab a small amount of the dough and roll into a ball. Then, place on a greased cookie sheet.


Once you have filled the sheet with the dough, grab a glass, or anything with a flat surface to flatten.


Pop them in the oven for 6-7 minutes! While you wait for them to cook, start mixing up the icing glaze. You will need:


-1 cup powdered sugar
-1 tsp vegetable oil
-1 tsp lemon juice

Mix together all your ingredients. Then put it in the fridge and pull out your cookies and let them cool on a wire cookie rack. The cookies have to be completely cool when you glaze them.


Once your cookies have completely cooled, grab yourself a spoon to drizzle the glaze on. You can put a little or alot!


All the kiddos loved them! For those times you just want a burst of lemon, these are great!! The recipe is actually really easy!! Zane loved them and my SIL said they tasted like Starbuck's lemon loaf. That's a winner in my book!!!

*BTW-I still haven't found the eyelash curler and since bought another one! It's a mystery!! 

**Don't forget to enter my fabulous GIVEAWAY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments!